Friday 25 July 2014

Multiple high intensity workouts VS 1 Long workout in a day

Recently I have been doing many small workouts in a day of higher intensity to increase endurance compared to the previous season, where I typical go for a super long session in the morning and I found that by the 2nd or 3rd session of the day, I am typically experiencing high inertia to go at these hard workouts again.

An example would be today, where the break down of my multiple workouts are as such:

1st workout (morning, 9am):
3 x 50 burpees with 1 minute rest in btwn

2 min rest then,

6 rounds of:
25 burpees
25 squats

2nd workout (noon):

21-15-9
2 x 20kg dumbell thrusters
40kg KB swings

1 minute rest then,

50 burpees

3rd workout(night, 830pm):

4 rounds of:

25 burpees
8 dragonflags

The first workout still felt ok, the 2nd you can actually feel something and the last...well I actually felt a really high inertia going into the workout as I was already rather spent. It was a similar feeling to the feeling close to the end of a single long workout. Though this training havent been put to the test but I felt that it was actually effective in providing stimulus and overload to the body. Total training time at intensity for these 3 workouts combined is less than an hour but already I am feeling tired. The best thing is that it can be done as a pre meal workout, pretty good for working peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment